GIRL POWER! ft. Jessica Wu

Currently living and studying in New York City, Jessica Wu is a Californian native with a penchant (and talent, might I add) for all things fashion-related. Upon coming across an issue of Vogue in her aunt's house when she was 12, Jessica became determined to enter the fashion industry and hasn't stopped pursuing her dream since then. When she's not in class, the skilled eighteen-year-old works as a freelance stylist, frequently collaborating with up-and-coming photographers, designers, showrooms, and various modelling agencies. Balancing her time between studying, styling and blogging, Jessica is the epitome of a youth doin thangs. 

Where will you be in five years?

My vision and hope for the next five years is simple: to be healthy, happy, and doing something I wholeheartedly love. I'd like to be meeting and befriending even more people as time goes on and establishing great relationships, personal or career-wise. 

What woman, besides your mom or grandmother, do you find inspirational? 

I am so intrigued by Zelda Sayre Fitzgerald, the wife of one of my favorite authors of Western literature, F. Scott Fitzgerald. By reading her husband's writings and various historical documentation, my perception of Zelda is that she was a pure embodiment of the 1920s sentiment of an upbeat albeit manic way of life. I just feel as if there's so much more to her than what's already been found and established that we'll never know. Her mystery is an inspiration for me to keep reading and discovering new material, not necessarily within the confines of literature but knowledge in general. 

What one change would you like to see happen in the future?

I would love for the American fashion industry to become a leading participant in donating to charitable causes and funding humanitarian organizations throughout the world.

Check out Jessica's website and blog

No comments: